You signed up for the Corporate Challenge…. Now what!?
Top 10 Things to Do
10. Invest in a new pair of running shoes - running shoes typically last about 6 months
9. Write down a goal for the race - for example, finish time, don’t walk, have fun, high five spectators
8. Foam roll - most gyms have foam rollers, if not it’s $10 on Amazon..happy muscles = better running
7. Sleep more - our bodies recover from hard work while we sleep
6. Hydrate - drink water alone or with electrolytes often throughout day especially if you are drinking coffee and/or alcohol
5. Go for a run in the evening - the race is a 7pm or later start, acclimate to evening conditions
4. Practice fueling before a run so you know what to eat pre race - usually bland items, simple carbs
3. Look at a course map so you know where to expect ascents, descents, and flat terrain
2. Find a buddy to train with
1. Enjoy the process - exercise is fun! And even more satisfying when you achieve a goal!
- Amanda Scheer, DPT